Hints & Cheats for Broken Sword - The Shadow of The Templars
Below is the complete game walkthrough for Broken Sword. You can download a PDF of the walkthrough in the Downloads section.
Below is the complete game walkthrough for Broken Sword. You can download a PDF of the walkthrough in the Downloads section.
2. You will be asked several questions by Rosso, all you will have to do is to answer them honestly. Rosso will give you his card and then be released.
3. Once you have been released, pick up the newspaper next to the lamp post and speak to Nicole.
4. Head back to the road works.
5. Give the newspaper to the workman, he will look through the paper and then leave to place a bet on a horse race.
6. Once the workman has gone, take the T-shaped tool from the tool box within the tent.
7. Head back to the cafe and then towards the alley way to the right of the screen.
8. Once in the alley, use the T-shaped tool on the sewer cover to gain access to the sewers.
9. Go into the sewer where you will find the Red Nose, Tissue and the Piece of Cloth.
10. Exit the sewers via the ladder (next to the position of where you found the Piece of Cloth).
11. When you emerge from the sewers, you will meet a concierge. Give him Rosso's card and show him the cloth. He will then mention a jacket, after asking questions about the jacket he will give you Todryk's phone number.
12. Return to the cafe and speak to Sergeant Moue about Nicole. He will eventually give you her phone number (you will already have her number if you spoke to her earlier).
13. You will need to make a phone call, so go to the Police Station or the Roadworks and use the phone box there.
14. Ring Nicole and she will give you her address.
15. Exit the Police Station and go to Rue Jarry.
16. Talk to the Flower seller where she will tell you how to open the door to Nicole's apartment.
17. Show Nicole the Piece of Cloth in return she will give you a photograph showing the face of the clown.
18. Show Nicole the Red Nose and she will read the address of the Costume Shop for you.
19. Go to La riseé du monde where the costume shop is.
20. Show the photograph and the tissue to the person behind the counter and then talk to him about the Clown. Before you leave you will be given a hand buzzer.
21. Now return to Nicole's apartment and phone Todryk. He will tell you where to find the person you are looking for.
22. Go into the Hotel Ubu and talk to Lady Piermont (who is playing the Piano) about Khan.
23. Walk over to the Reception Desk and examine the Hotel Register.
24. Talk to the Receptionist about the Safe and try and take the key hanging on the wall.
25. Return to Lady Piermont about the key and she will cause a distraction in order for you to get the key.
26. Head upstairs and unlock the 1" door. You will now be in the room adjacent to Khan's room.
27. You will need to open the window and climb through it.
28. Enter Khan's Room via the adjacent window.
29. Make your way out through the door. Whilst leaving you will see the killer approaching, automatically you will hide in the wardrobe.
30. Once the killer has left the room. search the pair of trousers on the bed where you will find an ID card and a matchbook.
31. Show the receptionist Moerlin's ID card and then return to Lady Piermont where she will help you get the manuscript.
32. Talk to Lady Piermont again and show her Moerlin's card.
33. Go back upstairs to the room you have the key for.
34. Climb out of the window and throw the manuscript into the alley.
35. Leave the hotel, you will be stopped by two people and then be searched. If you had the manuscript in your possession, you will be taken away and killed.
36. Head for the alley on the left where you will retrieve the manuscript and return to Nicole's apartment.
37. Talk about the manuscript and Nicole will tell you of someone who may be of help.
38. Make your way to the Museum.
39. Inside the museum there is a display cabinet in the centre of the room. Examine the Tripod inside and talk to the guard.
40. After leaving the museum head for the airport and then onto Ireland.
41. Talk to Maguire, the young lad outside the bar, about the Castle and the Ghost.
42. Enter the bar and converse with everyone.
43. You will need the wire from Ron in the corner. Wait for him to put the wire on the table, when he sneezes quickly grab it.
44. Keep conversing with everyone and Maguire. Fitzgerald will eventually mention something about a package, talk to him about this. Fitzgerald will become very scared and runs out of the bar and gets run over by a red sports car.
45. Go outside and question Maguire.
46. Operate the box to the left of the bar door, this will disable the bar pumps.
47. Now head up the path and talk to Farmer about the sports car and Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald is the farmers' nephew.
48. The farmer will leave to go to the bar.
49. Also return to the bar and order a drink. If you already have a drink finish it and order another.
50. Show the bar tender Moerlin's card and you will be let behind the bar.
51. Use the wire on the plug for the glass washer to fix it.
52. Now go down to the cellar and locate and use the handle on the wall.
53. Go back outside the bar and open the cellar doors. You will be approached by Khan and be asked questions about Fitzgerald's accident.
54. Return to the cellar to get the Flashlight and the Gem.
55. Exit the bar and head up the path to the haystack.
56. Climb up the haystack and use the T-shaped tool on the hole in the wall. You will now be able to climb over the wall and into the castle grounds.
57. Try to go down the ladder, the goat will knock you down but if you get up and run to the plough you will move it in front of the goat. The goat will attempt to knock you down again but get caught up on the plough. Now go down the ladder.
58. Get some plaster from the bag on the table.
59. Push over the statue on floor then pick it up, the statue will leave holes in the ground.
60. Fill the holes with the plaster and smooth it down.
61. Return to the bar. When Doyle takes a drink take the towel and go down into the cellar.
62. Turn the taps on and use the towel to make the towel wet. You will have a certain amount of time before the towel dries up.
63. Now return to the castle grounds and use the towel on plaster, to make a cast of the holes.
64. Take the plaster cast and use it on the indentation on the wall, a secret door will now open.
65. Go through to the catacomb, you will then automatically return to Nicole's apartment.
66. Talk to Nicole about the Knight's Templar.
67. Return to the museum and talk to André about everything you can and show him all the items in your inventory. Follow any clues that he may give.
68. Visit the Police Station and talk to Sergeant Moue and Rosso. You will be told about Marquet being in hospital.
69. Make your way to the hospital.
70. Show the receptionist Moerlin's card and ask about Nurse Grendel. Eventually you will be given directions to the ward.
71. Go down the left corridor, you will see Sam cleaning the floor.
72. Unplug the cleaning machine (next to water dispenser). Sam will plug it back in, once he does open the cupboard door to get the Doctors coat. Now go to Nurse Grendel's ward.
73. Whilst making your way to Marquet's room, Eric Sopmarsh will keep stopping you. Return to the reception area and speak to the doctor (the one with the moustache), he will assign Benoir for you to look after.
74. Return to Nurse Grendel's ward, Give the pressure gauge to Benoir and tell him to take Eric Sopmarsh's pressure. You can now enter Marquet's room.
75. You will talk to Marquet, you will be asked to leave by a doctor. You leave. The doctor turns out to an impostor and murders Marquet.
76. You will be returned to Nicole's Apartment.
77. Talk to Nicole and then go to the museum.
78. When you enter the guard will tell you the museum will be closing. Open the window on the left, when the guard goes to close the window, hide in the Sarcophagus. The museum will then close.
79. Guido and his entourage will come along to steal the tripod. When you can gain control push the Totem Pole. The bird from the Totem Pole will land on your head, knocking you out. You will be returned to Nicole's apartment.
80. Now head to Montfaucon.
81. Talk to the juggler and ask if you can try juggling, you will fail.
82. Now go and show the Gendarme the red nose.
83. Return to the juggler and try juggling again, the juggler is not amused and walks off and because there is no entertainment the Gendarme leaves too.
84. Use the T-shaped tool on the sewer cover and enter the sewers.
85. There will be three arches near the boat. Use your T-shaped tool on the right most door.
86. You break the plaster to reveal a lever, pull it and the door will slightly open.
87. Operate the winch on the boat.
88. Pick up the hook and attach it to the door with the lever.
89. Now operate the winch again to pull down the door.
90. Go through the doorway to the caves.
91. Look through the hole on the left of the stairs, you will see the Templar's meeting.
92. Look through the hole again, where you will see them leave.
93. Go down the stairs to the Templar's circle and examine the pillar in the centre.
94. Place the tripod on the pillar.
95. Now place the gem on the pillar, the gem will split the light into five rays spelling out the word MARIB. You will automatically return to Nicole's apartment.
96. After speaking to Nicole head for the airport and off to Syria.
97. You will first meet Nejo, speak to him and then head through the archway on the right.
98. You will encounter a carpet seller who doesn't say much but give him the matchbook and he will reveal a staircase.
99. Going up the stairs you will then meet and speak to Ultar the taxi driver.
100. Try opening the toilet, you will find that it is locked.
101. Examine the sign on the door and then ask Ultar for a translation. Ultar will tell you that the toilet is locked because someone has stolen the toilet brush. 102. Return back down to the market area and speak to the kebab seller, like the carpet seller he will not say much.
103. Examine the kebab seller and you will find that he is basting his kebab's with the stolen toilet brush.
104. Speak to Nejo about the kebab seller and give him the ball (the one from the juggler in Montfaucon), he will tell you something to say.
105. Go back and speak to the kebab seller and say what Nejo tells you. The kebab seller will not be happy and chase you with a knife.
106. After recovering, return to Nejo and speak to him, you will find that Nejo used you as a diversion.
107. Go back up to where Ultar is, and return the brush to the club manager. In return he will give you the toilet keys.
108. Enter the toilet, then use the key on the towel dispenser and take the towel.
109. Return to Nejo, whilst he is playing with the ball, stroke the cat and press the bell on the table.
110. As the cat jumps off the shelf it will knock down a statue, pick this up.
111. Use the tissue on the statue, then show it to Duane, he will buy off you for $50.
112. Head back to Ultar and show him the photograph.
113. Talk about the Bull's Head Hill, to get there Ultar will offer his taxi service for $50.
114. At the taxi, talk to Ultar about it and he will tell you that the fan belt is broken, give him the towel from the toilet.
115. Break a branch off the tree, then use the remaining half of the towel with the branch.
116. Use this towel and branch combination on the crack in the cliff.
117. Climb down and locate the niche in the rock, examine it and you will find a ring.
118. Pull the ring to reveal a secret cave entrance.
119. Enter the cave, the door will close behind you locking you in. 120. Examine the corpse on the floor, where you will find a lens.
121. Examine both the statue and the inscription on the wall. After a while the cave door will open where you come face to face with Khan.
122. Khan will question you, answer his questions truthfully and don't lie.
123. He will ask you if you want to die like a man or dog, answer as a man.
124. Khan will then shake hands with you, select the hand buzzer.
125. When Khan falls down, jump of the cliff (taking too long to do this will result in you getting shot). You will automatically be returned to Nicole's apartment.
126. Talk to Nicole and then go to the Museum.
127. Talk to André about Philip and the manuscript, he will mention the knight being Spanish.
128. You can now go to the airport and off to Spain.
129. The first person you will meet is Lopez the gardener, you will not be able to enter the house.
130. Use the pressure gauge from the hospital on the hose pipe just outside the window. This will cut the water off and Lopez will go into the house to fix it.
131. Enter the house and walk to the end of the hallway, the dogs will start barking. Now select the suit of armour to hide behind it.
132. When Lopez goes back outside go upstairs where you meet the Countess, talk to her.
133. She will take you outside to the Mausoleum.
134. Examine the Bible, you will find the pedestal is a chess board. Talk to the Countess about this and she will get Lopez to bring her chess pieces.
135. After the chess pieces have been arranged you will need to solve the chess puzzle.
136. Move the King one space down, Move the Knight down to the middle and Move the Bishop to the top.
137. A secret panel will open to reveal a Chalice. which the Countess picks up. You are now returned to Nicole's apartment.
138. After talking to Nicole go to the church in Montfaucon.
139. Show the Chalice to the Priest, who will offer to clean it for you.
140. While the Priest is cleaning the chalice examine the statue with the scroll. Look through the scroll to see a picture on the stained glass window.
141. Place the lens on the scroll and look through the scroll again this time you will see a picture of a Knight Templar burning at the stake.
142. Collect the Chalice off the Priest and ask him about the picture.
143. Examine the tomb in the corner of the church, the inscriptions have biblical references.
144. Visit André at the museum and talk about the statue you saw in Syria, he tell you about the statue of Baphomet.
145. Head to the Baphomet Site. When inside, you will see a guard.
146. Try opening the toilet door opposite. It is locked, so talk to the guard to obtain the key.
147. When you're inside examine the sink and take the soap. 148. Use the keys on the soap to make a mould.
149. Use the plaster on the soap and then use the soap on the dripping tap. You will now have a fake key.
150. Return the keys to the guard and go outside.
151. Try putting the key in the decorator's paint pot.
152. Use the phone to call Nicole, she will occupy the decorator for you.
153. Return outside and tell the decorator that there is a phone call for him.
154. Once he has left put the fake key into the paint pot.
155. Ask the guard for keys to the toilet again, once inside swap the fake key for the original (click the fake key on the original).
156. Leave the toilet and examine the thermostat on the wall.
157. Talk to the guard about the thermostat and then turn it off.
158. The guard will begin to get cold and put his gloves on, now give back the toilet keys.
159. Use the phone to call Nicole, this time she will call back and an argument occurs between the guard and the decorator.
160. While this is going on you can enter the excavation room.
161. Go down to examine the mosaic floor, now place the chalice on the mosaic, this will show a picture of a church on the chalice. You will be returned to Nicole's apartment.
162. Head back to Spain and return the chalice to the Countess.
163. At the bottom of the stairs there is a Utility room. take the mirror which is hanging on the wall above the tap for the hose.
164. Go outside and to the Mausoleum.
165. When inside, use the pole to close the window and then place the tissue on the end of the pole.
166. Light the tissue using the lit candle nearest to you and lighting the large candle hanging from the ceiling. The candle will bum rather quickly and a stone key will drop.
167. Take the bible from the pedestal and then talk to Lopez who is still watering the lawn!
168. Go up to the Countess and show her the stone key and the bible. You will find that the biblical references refer to a Well.
169. Talk to Lopez about the Well, he will not know of its location but he'll tell how to find it.
170. Go to the Hazel tree (right of the window where the hose is). Search it to find a piece of Hazel.
171. Show the Hazel to Lopez and he will tell you to use the Hazel as a divining rod.
172. After a lengthy search you eventually find the well, (which is discovered by Lopez discarding a can containing water that you found).
173. Lopez lowers you down the well, you see a lion's head select it then move away, select it again and it will fall, just missing you.
174. Use the mirror on the light shining from the well opening, you will be able to locate the lock.
175. Unlock the door with the stone key. Entering inside you see a tapestry on the wall.
176. You will be returned to Nicole's apartment. André will be there and will mention something about Scotland.
177. Go to Bannockbum (Scotland) where you will begin your journey on the train.
178. After talking to Nicole, try leaving the compartment. When the ticket collector comes in and then leaves you also will be able to leave.
179. Head down the corridor to the left while walking down you will see Guido try going past him.
180. Return to your compartment. Nicole and the old lady will have gone (kidnapped).
181. Go next door to where the two geordies are speak to them. Try opening the window, if you can't then talk to them again.
182. Go out of the window and onto the roof.
183. Head to the right, the last carriage is the mail carriage. Go down the ladder and into the carriage.
184. As you enter there is a scuffle and the old lady turns out to be Khan. He is shot by Eklund, Eklund then points his gun at you.
185. Pull the Emergency Brake on the left by the door. This causes the boxes to fall on Eklund, knocking him out.
186. After a conversation with Khan, he dies. Leave the carriage and then you will untie Nicole (kissing her in the process).
187. Leave the carriage via the left door.
188. While talking to Nicole outside you will find that Khan handbag contains C4 (plastic explosives).
189. Go through the archway of the tower and you will find yourself at the church door.
190. Turn the wheel mechanism then turn the handle, it will break off, now pick up the cog.
191. Examine the rubble next to the wheel mechanism until you locate a second cog.
192. Place the two cogs and the handle on the demons head and then turn the handle to open the door.
193. Go inside where you eventually see the Templars in front of the Statue of Baphomet.
194. When you finally get a chance to escape Guido will be waiting for you, select the torch nearest to you. You will through the torch into the gun powder and Nicole will throw the handbag into the fire.
195. You will both run out of the church and a big explosion occurs
- Worms: The Revolution Collection
- Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
- Broken Sword Trilogy (BOXED)
- Les Miserables - Cosette's Fate
- Rage - Anarchy Edition
- Sherlock Holmes Collection
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edn
- Eador (Deluxe Edition)
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Complete
- Titanic's Keys To The Past