Frequently Asked Questions for Battleship 2
Updates for Battleship 2There are currently no Updates for this product.
To play from the Start Menu:
Click Start>Programs>Hasbro Interactive>Battleship 2>
Then click on the "Battleship 2" icon.
The Art work of the front end menus has been changed.
The "Screen-Shots" feature has been removed.
Directx 7.0a is needed for the game and is included.
The following settings have been removed: "Gamma", "Speech"
1. Players can toggle their chat-window open and close by pressing the "c" key.
2. The Game Time Limit Feature has been disabled. Players have an unlimited amount of time to place their ships, and take their moves.
3. Player can no longer have a game with only computer players.
- The "sonar" power-up has been removed from the game.
- The submarine power-up has a single use. The player's sub operates at a single depth.
- The directional arrow shows you your position on the map, and doesn't point to your next objective.
- The camera perspective is locked in and will update itself automatically.
- TNT barrels won't explode on contact, but will if shot by the player.
- Only Whales will spout water to douse any flames on your ship. Hit "c" to call them
If you are experiencing problems viewing the introduction video, you can skip the video by adding the following command line option to Battleship.
If you do not have IPX Network drivers installed, selecting LAN/IPX will display a windows dialog box error. Just click 'OK' to continue. You can not play a LAN/IPX game with out the IPX Network drivers. See your Operating System manuals for installing IPX Network drivers.
Hercules video cards and 3D video cards are not supported by Battleship SURFACE THUNDER.
Note: There are some issues with VooDoo2 cards.