Frequently Asked Questions for Brian Lara Cricket
Updates for Brian Lara CricketThere are currently no Updates for this product.
• On the main set-up screen, it asks me to select the relevant option for my graphics card, but I don't know what card I have in my PC. How can I find out?To find out what hardware you have, double click on the file called DXDIAG (application or shortcut) from the Brian Lara disc or from your hard drive (\Program files\directx\setup\). Simply, click on the Display tab and note down the information, i.e. card name.
• I have a Cyrix P166+ or P200+ PC and every time I try to run the game, it gives a message stating an invalid page fault in module game.exe.Unfortunately, the Cyrix P166+ and Cyrix 200+ are not compatible with this game.
• When playing a Test Season/Test Series the players statistics do not update.You need to complete the whole season or series before any of the statistics get updated.
• I've just downloaded the new patch and the game has stopped working.Make sure that when you install the patch and run the game, the desktop colour and resolution are set to 16-bit and 640 x 480 respectively.
• When trying to play a match, the game stalls, after the coin toss, with the two umpires just standing there.
The problem you have is due to your sound card. There is a fix which may work, hence please follow this suggestion:
- Start the game as normal.
- In the menu, select Settings.
- Turn the Music from ON to OFF
- Exit the game totally, i.e. back to Windows
- Start the game up again and enter a normal game, i.e. Friendly etc. It should now work as normal.
If it still fails to work, you will need to find the make and model of your sound card and obtain the latest drivers from the manufacturer.
• The game worked fine on my PC until I installed the patch from the same CD-Rom. Now I'am always getting a message saying: "Wrong CD inserted".We are in contact with Codemasters the original publisher about a new patch, as the original patch does not work with the Sold Out version of Brian Lara Cricket due to the CD protection. So for now you will have to uninstall the game then reinstall and don't apply the patch.
• When I try to install after 92% it comes up with this:
Component Move Data had following error
Media Name: Data
File Group: Texture
Error No. -113
Unfortunately this game was released before Windows XP and is not compatible with this operating system. We are happy to exchange the game for a different Sold Out title that is compatible with Windows XP if you return the complete game to us within 14 days of purchase, if you wish to exchange the game please send it to us at Technical Support, Mastertronic, 122 Southwark St, London SE1 0SW with a A4 stamped address envelope and proof of purchase. Please state which game you would like to exchange it for. Or take the game back to the place of purchase and exchange it for a different Sold Out title.